Applications Engineering Manager with strong project & people management experience within a multinational manufacturing environment required for permanent role with multinational R&D company in Co. Kerry.
- Provides engineering leadership to team of applications engineers (mechanical, hardware design, software design);
- Interface with customers to support development, production release and maintenance of products;
- Guide problem solving activities (mechanical & electrical) to ensure strong customer satisfaction;
- Build, lead and motivate engineering teams;
- Resource management to ensure alignment between engineering resources and number of projects to develop;
- Identifies training needs for organisation and plans accordingly;
- Input into the delivery of Budgets, ROI, margins, markets, customers, competitors, business forecasts, legal issues, pricing;
- Prepares and carries out significant internal and external project presentations;
- Establish project budgets;
- Strategic planning for product area or process;
- Champions continuous improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree (in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering);
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a Mechanical Design / Electrical design / Electronic design role within a multinational R&D environment
- At least 2 years experience supervising a team of Mechanical and / or Electrical / Electronic design engineers within a multinational R&D environment;
- Strong project management experience;
- Strong understanding of product design concepts & processes;
- Strong leadership skills.
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence