Applications Engineering Manager with strong project & people management experience within a multinational manufacturing environment required for permanent role with multinational R&D company in Co. Kerry.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering required
- Master’s Degree in technical field or MBA is preferred
- A combination of eight years’ experience in the areas of Manufacturing, Engineering, Project Management, and/or supervision of professional/technical people and Maintenance
- At least 2 years’ experience supervising engineers is required.
- Management presentation skills and experience.
- Project leadership experience desired.
- Provides leadership characteristics that foster team progress, takes the initiative to take on challenging assignments and creates opportunity where none exists.
- Provides engineering leadership and is considered the technical expert.
- Displays strong project management skills.
- Establishes project budgets.
- Attains project and management goals on time and within established budget.
- Interfaces with customers with activities that include phone, electronic and personal communication as necessary to support development, production release and maintenance of products.
- Recognizes the need for and initiation of appropriate management actions to assure positive customer relationship.
- Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Prepares and carries out significant internal and external project presentations.
- Manages all aspects of document control requirements as indicated in the NPD procedure.
- Experienced and capable in building, leading, and motivating teams.
- Promote the collaboration work with other application engineering groups and R&D technical centers.
- Strong collaboration work with the Sales team to get alignment in the target projects and alignment in priorities
- Resource management to ensure alignment between engineering resources and number of projects to develop.
- Understanding of the obligations and liabilities related to the contractual agreements made by the company.
- Understanding of business (Budgets, ROI, margins, markets, customers, competitors, business forecasts, legal issues, pricing).
- Ability and engagement in transferring experience and training to developing engineers
- Provides direction and implements policy for staff.
- Strategic planning for product area or process.
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence