Computer Vision Research Scientist with expertise in Computer Vision and strong knowledge of machine learning methodologies required for permanent role in Cork city. In this role, you will work in a multidisciplinary, multinational team environment focused on innovation and must be able to partner with academic institutions (government agencies, and national labs) to further capabilities in computer vision.
- Responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project.
- Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others.
- Develop and execute technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide timely, accurate reports and presentations to senior management and functional teams.
- Contribute concepts to technology roadmaps in areas related to computer vision and visual surveillance, helping expand the portfolio of technology maturation projects.
- Contribute to the development of integrated solutions for business units, focusing on creative solutions in computer vision and video surveillance problems.
- Contribute to business development through Irish and European grant acquisition and contribute to the setting of strategic technical agenda.
- MA/MS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience OR Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience.
- Record of technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences in computer vision.
- Software skills: C/C++, MATLAB, OpenCV and Python.
- Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals and win external funding/contracts/grants.
- Proven success in innovative strategic and technical thinking, willingness to champion and investigate new technical ideas, and their application to real-world problems.
- Excellent communication skills, innovative strategic and technical thinker, high energy and team player.
- Willingness to go beyond the original field of expertise.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence