Data Scientist with machine learning techniques and algorithms experience required by dynamic multinational in Dublin city centre
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Analyzing and understanding customer activations and churn – and presenting actionable insights from this.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Linear regression, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, NumPy, MatLab, Spark, Zeppelin, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, Caffe2.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Spark, Hive, Pig, DAX.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, MS Table Storage.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Developing customer-facing reports and dashboards on BI tools such as Power BI, Jasper, Tableau, Cognos, etc.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Great communication skills
- Must be self-directing and be able to work without direct supervision.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Enjoy challenges and solving complex problems on a daily basis.
- Passion for big data, goal-oriented, highly self-motivated.
- Good collaboration inside and outside team and good communication skills.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence