Electronic Design Engineer required for permanent role in Co. Kildare. The successful candidate will be working on the innovation, design and development of cutting edge devices. Working in a small focused team you will be expected to display a high degree of initiative and to work to very tight and demanding deadlines. You will be required to communicate effectively and clearly and to take significant responsibility within the company. Good written and oral communications skills are essential.
- Hardware schematic design of digital video processing circuits to implement the required designs
- FPGA Design
- Design and layout of multi-layer PCBs
- Prototype board building, testing and verification
- Documentation generation such Hardware/Software design specification, BOM, ECO etc.
- Honours Degree in Electronic engineering
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a design engineering role
- Microcontroller embedded C code design and development
- Digital and Analogue circuit design using microcontrollers and FPGA/CPLD devices
- DC – DC circuit design for portable battery operated devices
- PCB layout for multilayer PCB’s
- Prototype board building and testing
- Hardware and Code design for CE approval
- VHDL code design and synthesis for Xilinx FPGA/CPLD
- PCB design and layout using Easy PC or PADs
- Memory devices such as Serial EEPROM, FLASH, SRAM, DDR, FIFOs
- Knowledge of digital video sensors, including CMOS sensors and block cameras CCTV (PAL/NTSC, 720p, 1080p).
- C/C++ coding experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Developing FPGA blocks to perform digital video processing in VHDL
- Communication standards such as I2C, SPI, UART
- Digital video standards
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence