Electronics Design Engineer with 5+ years’ experience in the development of analog and digital circuits utilising embedded microprocessors including software programming in C required for permanent role in Co. Clare.
- Responsible for the proper conduct of electronics design projects, liaising with other departments, component suppliers, application support, test houses and others as required.
- Generate requirement specifications and verification protocols during the design and development process
- Act as a key technical driver/contributor to help design new products by applying innovation skills and working cross-functionally. Elements associated with success will be:
- Creation and development of innovative circuits
- Technical presentations and discussions
- Feasibility studies
- Innovative component selection to optimise cost and performance benefits
- Ensuring designed products have a competitive advantage.
- Lead technical root cause analyses in resolution of production or field quality issues, supporting Sustaining, Supply Chain, Quality or Commercial functions as appropriate.
- Design new circuits or modify existing circuits/components to efficiently meet product specifications and customer needs.
- Instruct, guide and coordinate PCB designers as required.
- Act as R&D representative on selected project teams, providing inputs to cross functional teams, generating project timelines and budgets and ensuring delivery of requirements.
- Degree in Electronic or Software Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in the development of analog and digital circuits utilising embedded microprocessors including software programming in C
- Familiarity with standards (low voltage, safety, EMC)
- High degree of innovation and creativity especially in concept design
- Must have excellent customer communications skills
- Candidates must be capable of working on their own initiative, being involved from concept roll-out and taking ownership of development from initiation to completion, and enjoy the challenge of working in a close customer oriented environment.
- Experience with Atmel/PIC micro-controllers
- Solid working knowledge of microcontroller interfacing including UI development (Graphic LCD, button, LEDs, Sensor’s etc)
- Some experience or exposure to assembly programming
- Familiar with software development tools such as Atmel studio, MPLAB, Visual C, Linux, in-circuit debuggers, emulators and Software Version Control Systems (eg SVN or similar).
- Experience in SPI, I2C communications and wireless communications such as: GSM, GPRS, ISM, Mbus, Wi-Fi, Sigfox, LoRa, ZigBee, Bluetooth
- Knowledge of software development compliance standards
- Be comfortable to perform detailed digital and analogue circuit design, simulation & analysis as appropriate to the project
- Be up to date with regulatory and industry compliance requirements appropriate to the target market
- Have exposure to supporting design verification testing
- Capable of developing a detailed specification in conjunction with the Customer
- Experience in radio communications technologies would be an advantage
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence