As a member of the Site Management team, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for the management of the engineering team to ensure delivery of essential projects to critical timelines, product design improvement projects and on product transfers into manufacturing.
- Achieves engineering operational objectives by contributing engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Meets engineering financial objectives by forecasting engineering requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops strategic engineering plans by studying operational plans; determining needs to accomplish operational plans; mapping solutions; updating and modifying requirements and solutions; preparing cost estimates and budgets.
- Plans engineering projects by determining specifications; selecting contractors when required
- Degree Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the development and Manufacturing Engineering of Electronic equipment products extending over a broad range of applications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a team of individuals, to include professional and technical employees, in a technical and manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Computer skills to include MS word, MS Excel, MS Project
Ideal to have:
- Successful track record in medical device Engineering preferred
- Thorough familiarity with design control requirements (FDA, ISO) for development and manufacture of medical devices preferred
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence