Image Processing Research Scientist with Phd in Image / Video Processing required for permanent role in Galway.
- Research and develop next generation image, video processing and biometrics algorithms for embedded platforms
- Proactively identify technical solutions and risks for project deliverables
- Responsible for bringing the project from concept to C / Hardware implementation
- Work closely with engineering and QA team and assist in the development of any testing frameworks or data capture necessary for the evaluation of new or existing technologies
- PhD in image / video analysis and processing fields
- Experience in designing image / video processing algorithms including image processing, analysis and understanding
- Expertise in area of computer vision: image feature detection and tracking, object detection, pattern recognition and classification, statistical analysis.
- Proficient with Matlab: general use, plus Signal Processing toolbox & Image Processing toolbox
- Solid C programming language skills especially for embedded platforms
- Motivated and creative person, dynamic, creative thinker and problem solver
- Good leadership skills, team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of optics, image sensors and image quality assessment
- Deep learning and convolutional neural networks
- SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) and Optical Flow
- Control system theory.
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence