As a Backend / NodeJS developer within the IoT Development team, you will help drive the development and maintenance of IoT related suite of products. You will have previously built several sophisticated web applications and/or services, and have hands-on experience with service-oriented architecture. The ideal candidate will have experience building on and deploying to cloud services like Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS, and be comfortable working as part of an Agile team.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 4+ years commercial software development experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of API development, standards and best practices
- Strong experience with modern software development methodologies and practices
- Experience with Express for creating RESTFUL back-end API’s
- Experience testing NodeJS applications using Jasmine and related technologies (including writing test cases)
- Ability to execute implementations based on architecture briefs creating by a solution architect.
- Familiarity with fundamental design principles, and designing for scale (e.g. DDD, Microservices)
- Familiarity with web sockets, and implementing push-based services
- Proficiency with GIT for version control
- Excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
Ideally you will have some of the following:
- Familiarity/Experience with ES6
- Experience with SPA development
- Experience with AngularJS or similar front-end frameworks
- Expertise with HTML5 including CSS3, browser API’s and Canvas
- Experience in consuming Restful API’s.
- Knowledge and experience with JSON / XML / RESTful Web Services and services integration with Angular apps
- Experience running production services in Azure.
- Proficiency with SQL and/or noSQL databases.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, automated testing and deployment (e.g. VSTS, Jenkins)
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence.