Lead Applications Engineer with a background in electronic engineering / mechatronics required for permanent role with multinational in Co. Kerry. Reporting directly to the Application Engineering Manager, the Lead Application Engineer is expected to ensure research, design, testing and development of new products. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow into the Applications Engineering Manager role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics or Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of mechatronics / electronic design / mechanical design
- Strong understanding of product design concepts & processes (APQP)
- Good communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively interact with customers and all levels of the management team.
- Strong failure analysis and failure prevention skills.
- Strong team and individual-based problem solving skills.
- Proven record of competence in an engineering discipline
- Supervisory / management experience
- Degree / experience in mechatronics is preferable
- A Master’s degree in a Technical field is preferred.
- Serves as a key customer contact
- Provides engineering leadership to a small team of Engineering professionals
- Capable of guiding problem solving activities
- Responsible for recognizing the need for and initiating appropriate actions to assure positive customer relationship
- Attains project and management goals on time and within established budget
- Forecasts work activities for self and others
- Regularly interfaces with Manufacturing, Quality & Test Engineers and Program Management to address all aspects of product design and function and assure smooth production launch
- Provides follow-up to Application Engineering Manager of program activities related to release and production launch of product designs
- Creates, develops or adapts Product Design concepts based on internal standards, calculations, trial, measurements, bench tests, CAE simulations, process methods or inputs from customers
- Establishes interface with Customer for Product and Specifications definition.
- Coordinates the Planning and production of Prototype Samples
- Creates or participates on Product Engineering Standards releases
- Champions continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs, improve designs and increase productivity
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence