Lead UI Designer with 5+yrs experience required for permanent role with market leading multinational in Cork.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in designing usable software experiences in an agile, startup-like product development environment.
- Ability to think and design in 3D
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates systems thinking and core skills across a variety of categories and formats, with specialization in 3D content and/or games
- Solid formal academic background in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or related field, or commensurate work experience; advanced degree a plus.
- Fluency with common design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations.
- Knowledge of the Unity or other game engines, and designing for these contexts
- An understanding of iterative prototyping as an essential part of the design process.
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines.
- A passion for creating designs which are simple, elegant and useful as well as beautiful, approachable and playful.
- Comfort and experience working directly with development teams
- Develop workflows, user task analysis, interaction flows, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, navigational flows, and high fidelity prototypes for AR/VR
- Work with UX researchers to design and observe user studies and translate research findings into insights and design improvements.
- Working at the early concept phase (organizing and running idea sessions, creating moodboards, storyboarding, brainstorming, creating user scenarios and developing concept sketches).
- Partner with team to conceptualize, design, build, and extend user experiences in AR/VR
- Apply the best design aesthetics under tight deadlines, while effectively managing trade-offs between business needs and customer benefit.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence