Mechanical Project Engineer required for permanent role with dynamic company in Laois.
- Manage projects from evaluation to production release;
- Create weekly report on project progress;
- Work as a senior member of mechanical design team on new design concepts;
- Organise and lead the testing & build of prototypes;
- Approve that test report data match specification;
- Implement cost reduction programs;
- Lead and organise environmental testing;
- Cooperate closely with Production engineers to ensure designs are fit for mass production;
- Liaise with Purchasing in relation to purchasing parts for prototypes and to ensure cost targets are met;
- Liaise with production during new product introduction;
- Work closely with other members of the Engineering Team to ensure projects meet KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Higher;
- Experience in mechanical design;
- Experience leading or managing projects;
- Experience interfacing with clients;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to deal with a broad range of people;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Team Player;
- Organised individual with a constant focus and attention to detail;
- A self-starter with a proven history of excellent results;
- Creative, innovative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion.
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence