Mixed Signal Design Engineer with fluent Chinese required for permanent role in Cork or Dublin.
Reporting to the Group Manager, you will provide technical and sales support to a growing customer base in Asia. The successful candidate will be part of an experienced mixed-signal design team designing embedded mixed signal modules for our customers’ system-on-chip ICs and be expected to contribute to all aspects of mixed-signal module development from specification, design and layout through to evaluation of silicon. Regular travel will be required.
- A graduate or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering or related field
- Fluency in Chinese
- Familiarity with CMOS analog circuit design
- An interest in spending approx. 30-50% of work time in a sales support role for the first 12 months
- Availability to travel to Asia-Pacific region for periods of up to 2 weeks
- Familiarity with the design of some of the following mixed-signal circuits: ADCs, DACs, PLLs, power management
- Experience in some of these areas: Analogue/digital partitioning in mixed-signal systems; Modelling of analogue systems using tools such as AHDL, MatLab, Mathematica; Characterisation and evaluation of analogue circuits
- Experience of relevant computerised design tools
- Experience in the field of digital signal processing would be an advantage
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence