NPD Project Manager – Degree Qualified with 5+yrs Project Management experience within an Electronics Design R&D / Product Development environment required for permanent role with multinational in County Galway.
NPD Project Management
- Work closely with the commercial team to develop innovative, quality solutions based on customer requirements that deliver a significant return on investment for the business.
- Prepare for and schedule PAC meetings, ensuring relevant projects and items for discussion are on the agenda, documentation is prepared and available in advance of meetings, minutes published timely and actions followed up between meetings.
- Plan and publish project budgets, control project costs within agreed budgets and deliver products within BOM targets.
- Work with Management to ensure all projects across the group are adequately resourced, individuals are not overburdened and that resources are shared across projects in line with group strategy and priorities.
- Plan and track all projects to ensure on-time delivery, highlighting any roadblocks and working with relevant functions / management to ensure timely resolution or escalation.
- Monitor the proper conduct of projects in line with our Quality System. Ensure accountability by each team member for the quality of their work and functional alignment within their departments.
- Work with the Technical Director and Clinical team to ensure that clinical data is available in a timely manner for new product launches
- Work with fellow NPD Project Manager, Senior R&D Manager, and the Management team to continue to develop the NPD framework making it as efficient, effective and user friendly as possible
- Manage R&D Design Projects at a micro-level.
- Manage the R&D design control milestones around design verification and validation, risk analysis and the risk management plan.
- Honours Degree Engineering (e.g. Mechanical/Electronic/Software)
- Minimum 5 years Project Management experience
- Significant Project Management experience within R&D / Product Development arena
- Strong Project Management skills, PMI certification an advantage
- Ability to plan and track projects while controlling costs and managing resources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to colleagues and management
- Proven ability to motivate cross functional teams with no reporting responsibility. Previous people management experience would be advantageous.
- Understanding of financial, marketing, design, manufacturing and sales process in the context of product development
- Previous experience of risk management and in using risk management tools
- Detailed understanding of the quality and regulatory process
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with a systematic and orderly approach to work
- Good analytical and decision making skills
- Works effectively under pressure and manages own and others time to good effect
- Professional, courteous, approachable and helpful, someone who works inclusively bringing the relevant people together
- Positive with a can-do solution focused attitude
- Pro-active with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills particularly in Excel and Powerpoint and advanced Microsoft Project skills
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence