Operational DBA with 3+yrs experience working with SQL Server 2014 Installation & configuration required by dynamic multinational in Dublin city centre.
- Managing the data platform within the Production and Pre-Production environments.
- Administering, monitoring and evaluating database health to ensure the integrity of production databases are secure and maintained.
- Deploy and maintain additional software and middleware applications used to develop any web databased systems.
- Constantly look for improvements for any platform or resourcing constraints through automation and new technologies.
- Managing Data Base backups and transactional logging.
- Perform system configuration management and troubleshoot any platform related issues.
- Ensuring platform security, reliability and performance is maintained.
- Attend stand-up meetings and collaborate with peers to delivery company/customer business requirements.
- We are looking for an engineer who will actively engage in company operations and has a great passion for new technologies and tackling system problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline, or an equivalent level of technical knowledge required.
- 3+ years’ experience working with SQL Server 2014 Installation and configuration, SQL Server Service Packs and Cumulative Updates.
- Direct experience using SQL server Always-on availability groups.
- Experience using distributed relay functionality
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux System Administration in a complex data centre environment.
- Proficient experience with maintaining and scheduling backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of how to detect and manage data corruption.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Understanding of network (Routing, Firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Experience with Monitoring – Zabbix, DataDog, Grafana, Nagios
- Strong Knowledge of distributed systems
- Experienced scripting skills (VBA, PowerShell, Python, etc..)
- Good troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience in Microservices and decoupled systems
- Additional infrastructure, coding, monitoring skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to understand virtual cloud architectures and layered application and database services.
- Provisioning and configuration management tools (Puppet/Ansible/Chef) a plus.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare or KVM
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence