Operations Manager required by an Irish Industrial Electronics company based in the Midlands. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing R&D centre servicing clients in national and international markets. The successful candidate will be a dynamic professional with expertise in supply chain management, supplier management, stock control, inventory management, purchasing and distribution.
- Promote & Engage lean manufacture
- Manage key supply chain projects
- Lead a dynamic and professional supply chain team and identify and implement innovative, best practice supply chain solutions
- Establish supplier management routines for all key suppliers (monthly forecasting and order placement processes, open order book reconciliation, E&O management, quote and price management, monthly scorecard and quarterly business review processes)
- Manage quality standards in the supply chain by regularly reviewing product/supplier quality metrics and procedures, revising or agreeing new requirements where necessary and driving internal and contractor auditing processes to ensure compliance to the quality system
- Meet and exceed the targets set on product and process, delivering the lowest possible cost of goods
- Play a key role in the NPD process ensuring valuable and accurate input and support by the Supply Chain team from concept development to product launch/transfer to sustaining
- Act as a key influencer of process and system improvements, constantly striving to deliver results that meet the needs of the business while identifying enhancement opportunities
- Create and manage a team of business and engineering professionals, ensuring collaboration, equity and excellence while delivering on company objectives
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving and process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the company to assist in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process.
- Employee selection, training & development, performance appraisals and any disciplinary actions.
- Prepare and deliver annual budgets (headcount, expense and capital).
- Hold scheduled meetings with employees to review Performance and identify operational issues, corrective actions and responsibilities.
- Report on performance, covering all aspects of the company’s Performance, for example, achievement of production goals, cost reduction efforts, inventory status, process improvements, employee engagement and other topics of critical interest.
- Degree (preferably Supply Chain Management/ Engineering)
- Experience at management level
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain operations, Planning, Procurement, Supplier Quality, Sourcing and Supplier/Commodity Management
- Knowledge and experience of Demand Management and Planning particularly as it relates to availability, inventory and excess/obsolete management.
- Knowledge and experience of supplier management – supplier selection, contract and price negotiations, supplier quality management, supplier development and supplier integration (including quality management)
- Knowledge and experience of commodity management including strategy development and international sourcing experience, particularly in low cost regions.
- Experience and proven track record with operations support for New Product Development
- Proven Project Management capabilities – methodology, tools and associated deployment
- Proven track record in People Management and Team Development
- Proven track record in developing operational plans and implementing against them
- Analytical, negotiation & problem resolution skills especially with external suppliers
- Excellent understanding of process engineering & cost analysis
- Proactive business orientation, with demonstrated attention to detail and high levels of accuracy in execution.
- Solid understanding of latest developments in supply chain and ability to manage supply chain to deliver competitive advantage
- Effective resource planning across team to optimize delivery against plan
- Proven management skills with the ability to motivate & support the team to achieve their objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and motivate others in pursuit of solutions
- PC literate and strong knowledge of modern operational systems such as six sigma, lean etc
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, aggressively results-oriented environment.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence