Production Supervisor required by multinational manufacturing company in Co. Kerry to lead, plan & direct the overall engineering & manufacturing activities for a product line.
- Fully support the organizational goal of zero safety incidents.
- Identify and implement improvements (individually and within teams) that produce 5% annual cost-reductions, improve quality, reduce customer complaints and maximize customer satisfaction. Support a “Best Practice” approach toward methods and practices.
- Work with the Technical team to implement continuous improvements to OEE to improve operating efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Work with the Engineering team in developing and implementing the Manufacturing Engineering Strategic Plan.
- Review and quote processing and production equipment and tools. Work with the Product Line Manager in recommending, justifying and administering the capital plan.
- Work with customers to identify and resolve issues.
- Prepare and make relevant presentations to all levels of the organization as well as customers.
- Lead and champion a teamwork approach to achieving goals with particular emphasis on Production Teams and AQP Steering Committee activities.
- Provide Technical leadership, training and support to manufacturing teams and peers.
- Manage inventory, facilitate continuous improvement, support diversity, reduce scrap, improve communications and maintain a work environment where third party intervention is neither desired nor necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally manufacturing or mechanical) in an engineering field desired
- Experience managing/facilitating product launches/programs or the equivalent
- Relevant experience within a multinational manufacturing operation
- Supervisory training or experience
- Strongly and independently motivated
- Goal-oriented with a track record of accomplishment
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence