Scrum Master required by multinational for pemanent role in Carlow.
- Guides the Agile team in the understanding and application of Agile frameworks with the intention of achieving self organization
- Facilitates team planning ensuring balance between technical and story/request delivery
- Ensures timely delivery of commitments through the management and removal of the Agile team’s impediments
- Ensures Agile management tools (application lifecycle management tools and/or Kanban boards) are up to date and reflect the prioritization of the backlog
- Consistently monitors and reports on Agile team metrics, including technical quality continuous integration, burndowns, lead times, throughput, flow efficiency etc.
- Collaborates with the product owner and/or other technical stakeholders to prioritize backlog considering business value, technical debt and risk.
- Facilitates retrospectives and/or service or operational reviews by providing an environment where candid feedback is welcomed and encourages suggestions from the Agile team members that are targeted towards improving overall team performance.
- Facilitates timely and efficient daily stand-ups
- Responsible for creating an energetic, collaborative and motivated team culture
- Contributes agile knowledge of values, principles, and practices to help continuously improve the organization-wide adoption and process
- When appropriate, assists teams in further breakdown of cards/work
- Partners with other Scrum/Kanban Masters across the organization as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and/or Kanban Management Professional (KMP) where appropriate
- Working knowledge of various Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, etc.)
- Strong planning, organization, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working with large, small, remote and co-located teams
- Demonstrated experience working with teams and able to balance personal accountability with ensuring team increasingly becomes self-managed
- In-depth understanding of agile values, principles and practices
- Understands fundamentals of evolutionary change, iterative & incremental development
- Understands other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to team and enterprise
- Actively demonstrates and promotes Agile values and practices
- Experience with Microsoft’s Technical Foundation Server (TFS) or a similar Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool is a plus
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence