Senior Digital System / SoC Design Engineer with 5+ years experience in in large mixed signal ICs / system-on-chip specifications required for permanent role in South Dublin. Reporting to the Group Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key role, in an experienced team undertaking digital system / SoC architecture, system partitioning, digital signal path analysis, DSP algorithm development for complex ICs and systems.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in large mixed signal ICs / system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Expertise in SoC digital block level design, partitioning and specification with experience of re-use methodologies IC design flows
- Expertise in micro-processor IP selection, SoC communication bus selection, memory organisation, caching strategies and performance analysis and modelling,
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest development in SoC design concept, methodologies and tools, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies,
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of general signal processing covering theoretical, analytical and practical techniques.
- Fluency in Matlab is mandatory
- Beneficial if have expertise in the definition and development of DSP algorithms for high speed communication links to be implemented in either hardware or software environments,
- Beneficial if have an understanding of the major technical issues in Analog circuit design coupled with the ability to develop DSP algorithms to circumnavigate said issues,
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of Digital design implementation impacts,
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, an ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions. An understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Travel occasionally required, mostly to/from offices, also to worldwide customer locations,
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence