Senior Electronic Design Engineer with experience developing complex medical devices required for 6-12mth contract with multinational in West Dublin. My client is located close to Dublin airport (15 minute drive).
- Provide electrical engineering leadership from concept through production;
- Define product requirements, support the development of hardware architectures, design system framework;
- Drive proper application of sensing or electrical based technologies and processes;
- Drive multiple design approaches through analysis and rapid prototyping
- Deliver designs geared toward efficient manufacturing transitions;
- Develop and deliver technical presentations to internal stakeholders including costs of features, schedule and overall business impact.
- B.Eng / BS in Electrical/Electronics engineering
- 5+ years experience in the development of complex software controlled electromechanical medical devices;
- Proficiency in Electrical Engineering CAD tools (i.e Altium Designer, Digital / Analog simulation);
- Knowledge of medical devices electrical safety regulations, design controls, regulatory audits and international environmental regulations;
- Track record of success in the development and maintenance of regulated products;
- Experience of designing power systems, microprocessors (ARM), mixed signal technology, cabelling, etc;
- Experience in, and a successful track record of development of complex software controlled electromechanical (ie. motors, fluidic pumps, pneumatic proportional valves, solenoids, flow, gas, pressure sensor) based devices;
- Knowledge in reliability or environmental tests methodology;
- Experience in outsourced device manufacturing ideal;
- Experience with specification development and the application of sensors and actuators ideal;
- Experience with laboratory test methods and instrument applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence