Senior Embedded Software Engineer with 8+yrs experience in an embedded development environment using C or C++ required for permanent role in Louth.
- Development of low level Linux drivers for interfacing with USB and Wi-Fi devices etc.
- Writing multi-threaded code for the Linux environment.
- Porting code based on our existing system to a new Linux environment.
- Writing low level assembly code to directly control hardware.
- Work with Design engineers on interfacing the code base to machine hardware.
- Support and maintain the existing software installed in the
- Generation of documentation detailing any new features added to the
- Liaise with external contractors on software
- Minimum BS in EE, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 8 yrs relevant work experience
- Show enthusiasm and interest in new product development
- Have had demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Python and other scripting languages
- Embedded Linux
- Assembly programming
- Embedded C/C++
- Advanced knowledge of OOP / design and best programming practices
- Algorithm Development
- Use of GIT and other code management
- Be comfortable working in a team based environment but also to be an energetic self-starter and able to work with varying levels of supervision
Ideally you will have:
- Experience with diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Knowledge of FPGA design.
- Knowledge of machine control such as I/O and motor control etc.
- Willing to have a flexible approach to working hours as required from time to time by project needs professional in approach to work and in interaction with customers and be willing to travel from time to time to customer and supplier
- The successful candidate will be based in Louth but will occasionally be required to work onsite at clients’ locations.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence