Senior Embedded Systems Engineer required for permanent role in Co. Offaly. Would you be interested in a short commute to work; free parking; collaborative working environment; individual personal development plan; excellent career prospects; access to further education; bonuses; share options; pension; health insurance; salary increase by merit rather than tenure; the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies; the opportunity to become a technical expert or a process manager or a people manager?
In this role, you will work as part of the embedded software team, developing high quality, robust and efficient code. You will gain exposure to all aspects of the Software Development Cycle, from requirements and functional specifications, through design documentation and implementation, to test plans and testing/commissioning activities.
- Work closely with project management team to make sure requirements are interpreted correctly for the feature or module to be designed.
- Write firmware in embedded C language for existing and new products / features.
- Be proficient in device driver development, “bare metal” coding approach.
- Be able to debug firmware issues that arise on existing and new modules, document issues and identified fixes.
- Write test code to simulate certain fault scenarios when needed.
- Keep firmware documentation up to date for newly developed features, prepare firmware release documentation.
- Assist in troubleshooting of issues on a higher level (multiple module set-ups, end user systems).
- Optimizations and general tidying up of existing code.
- Provide post release support for new and existing modules, in case support task is outside of the scope of generic technical support department.
- Assist in training technical support team on new firmware features.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of programming and debugging on 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers
- Ability to program proficiently in C and to understand assembly language.
- Experience with bare-metal programming
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence