Senior Mixed Signal Design Engineers required by leading multinational for permanent roles in Cork or Dublin.
- A graduate or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering.
- At least 8 years’ experience in CMOS analog circuit design.
- Expertise in the design of some of the following mixed-signal circuits: ADCs, DACs, PLLs, power management.
- User-experience in complete IC design flows.
- A track record of successful analog design project completion and delivery.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- An ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Short-term travel will be occasionally required
- At least 5 years’ direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Expertise in complete IC Design Flows would be an advantage: Analog IC Architecture Design and Modelling; IP Evaluation and Selection, Analog/Digital partitioning in mixed-signal systems; high-speed data communications / SERDES; modelling of Analog Systems.
- Expertise in the use of the following CAD Tools would be an advantage: Spectre Simulator, Cadence Virtuoso Schematic/Layout, Verilog-AMS, NCSIM, Mentor Calibre DRC/LVS.
- Expertise in the design of some of the following: PLLs and Oscillators, Baseband Filters, Data Converters and Power Management Blocks.
- Die-size estimation and modelling the trade-offs between functionality and die-size and package selection.
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of analog design implementation impacts.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies.
- An ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions and an understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa.
- Travel will be required, to worldwide customer locations.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence