Senior Research Scientist with a relevant Master’s or Phd required for permanent role in Cork city.
In this role you will be expected to contribute towards technical strategy and business development through Irish and European grant acquisition, and be able to partner with leading institutions (university, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations) to meet organizational objectives.
- Required: M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, with 2-5 years of industrial or academic experience (post M.S.).
- Preferred: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, with 0-2 years of industrial or academic experience after completion of the Ph.D. in disciplines as outlined above.
- Expert knowledge in at least three of the following fields: Constraint Programming (CP); Satisfiability Solving (SAT); Rule Engines and Mixed Integer Linear Programming (MILP).
- Record of technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences, and successful proposals for external funding/contracts/grants.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
- Proven success in innovative strategic and technical thinking, willingness to champion and challenge new technical ideas, and experience in applying work to real-world applications.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Software skills: C#, Java, C/C++ and relevant inference engine tools and libraries, such as Google or-tools, Gecode, Cplex etc.
- Experience with modeling and solving challenging real-world inference problems
- Experience with knowledge compilation techniques (automata, decision diagrams, DNNFs)
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence