Senior RF System Architect with 10 years’ experience in RF IC and system-on-chip specifications required for permanent role with multinational in Cork city. Reporting to the Group Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key role in an experienced team undertaking RF IC system architecture, system partitioning and specification of signal processing solutions for radio systems.
- An Honours Degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering.
- At least 10 years’ experience in RF IC and system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting wireless protocols, standards and customer requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Experience with different modulation and coding schemes and modelling such systems.
- Modelling radio systems using tools such as ADS, Matlab, Simulink, Python and Excel with various channel models from AWGN to Land Mobile channels with fading.
- Experience with different radio architectures such as Super-Heterodyne, Low IF, Direct Conversion, Polar Modulators, RF DAC and Discrete Time RX.
- Experience with radio line-ups and with linearity, noise and filtering trade-offs.
- Experience with radio calibration systems such as IP2 Calibration, Image Rejection Calibration, DPD, AFC, AGC and LOFT.
- Expertise in RF SoC block-level design.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of general signal processing covering theoretical, analytical and practical techniques.
- Beneficial if have an understanding of techniques for digitally-assisted RF and analog IC design.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in RF IC design concepts, methodologies and tools and willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies.
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of RF system design implementation impacts.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, an ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions. An understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Travel occasionally required, to other offices and to worldwide customer locations.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the location for which they apply.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence