Senior Software Engineer with 6+ years experience in software development required for permanent role in Limerick.
- Honours Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electronic Engineering
- 6+ years of professional Software development experience
- Experience in Linux/UNIX development environment including scripting and configuration
- Proven experience in the full software development cycle within a project based environment
- Self-starter with excellent communication and documentation skills
- Possess an understanding and an interest in UX technologies and networking concepts protocols, applications and interfaces
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to cope with ambiguity and change
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails application development
- Experience in Web page design and creation for Ruby applications
- Experience in working using Agile development methodologies
- Experience with C/C++ programming
- Commercial experience building and consuming HTTP APIs.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar.
- Exposure to automated testing beneficial.
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns, especially MVC.
- Participate in feature requirements definition
- Develop features
- Problem isolation and fault finding
- Support test automation for developed features
- Customer issue replication
- Creating and updating of releases notes.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements.
- Work within Development to test product and isolate issues.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence