Senior System Architect / Chip Architect with 10 years’ experience in large mixed signal ICs / system-on-chip designs required for permanent role in South Dublin. Reporting to the Group Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing the technical interface with customers and playing a key role, in an experienced team undertaking digital system / SoC architecture, system partitioning, digital signal path analysis, DSP algorithm development for complex ICs and systems.
- Honours Degree
- At least 10 years’ experience in large mixed signal ICs / system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Experience with customer engagements, working with customers to come up with a solution, documenting and agreeing on technical specifications.
- Expertise in SoC digital block level design, partitioning and specification with experience of re-use methodologies IC design flows.
- Expertise in micro-processor IP selection, SoC communication bus selection, memory organisation, caching strategies and performance analysis and modelling.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest development in SoC design concept, methodologies and tools, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of general signal processing covering theoretical, analytical and practical techniques.
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of Digital design implementation impacts.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, an ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions. An understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Travel occasionally required.
- Expertise in the definition and development of DSP algorithms for high speed communication links to be implemented in either hardware or software environments.
- An understanding of the major technical issues in Analog circuit design/RF circuit design coupled with the ability to develop DSP algorithms to circumnavigate said issues.
- Familiarity with the concepts of embedded systems design and how they might shape customer requirements.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence