Supplier Quality Engineer with 3-5 years engineering experience required for permanent role with multinational in Co. Kerry.
- Work with Engineering team to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
- Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning.
- Work with the supplier directly, create correction action plans to address process failures
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process approval or product warrant submission
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
- Support the Quality Manager to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Report on Key Performance Indicators in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Lead quality audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field from a four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years engineering experience.
- Available to travel with minimal notification in urgent situations.
- Supervisory training or experience.
- Strongly and independently motivated.
- Goal-oriented with a track record of accomplishment.
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence