Test Validation Engineer with 5+ years experience in the development of test programs for the qualification of consumer electronic products required for permanent role in Co. Clare. The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete testing cycle of products, from requirements definition through to product launch and beyond for smart products primarily in the connected home and internet of things arena. This position offers the successful candidate the potential to further develop their electronics development skills in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Liaise with the customer to evolve & finalise the test specifications
- Plan and execute multiple test projects for a software release to schedule and budget.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates and status reports
- Proactively identify and communicate risks and issues with proposed resolutions and contingency plans.
- Writes or assists in the development of test plans and test procedures
- Support on site customer validation testing as required
- Keep up to date with new standards to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry requirements appropriate to the target market
- Participate in / conduct / co-ordinate design verification testing where appropriate
- Input to ECN for products in production as appropriate
- Maintain orderly project plans & records
- Functional test specification generation
- Degree in Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in the development of test programs for the qualification of consumer electronic products including the development of software validation testing scenarios.
- Familiarity with standards (low voltage, safety, EMC)
- Very knowledgeable about the testing process
- A firm understanding of the software development life cycle
- Candidates must be capable of working on their own initiative, taking ownership of a test development program from initiation to completion, and will enjoy the challenge of working in a customer oriented environment.
- Experience in the HVAC / Power supply industry
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Assembly)
- Ability to specify, design and build test tools as necessary
- Has ability to meet deadlines
- A strong capability to investigate and explain complex technical issues
- High degree of innovation and creativity
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence