If you wish to contact Emtech Recruitment Ltd. with any issue regarding data protection, please feel free to do so.
Post: Emtech Recruitment Ltd., The Innovation Centre, 19 Axis Business Park, Tullamore, Co. Offaly.
Phone: +353 (0) 57 863 8188
CV: a written description of education, qualifications, achievements and previous work experience. Used for the purpose of applying for a job.
Candidate: a person who is contacted by Emtech Recruitment Ltd. or contacts Emtech Recruitment Ltd. for guidance and advice when applying for a job.
Client: an organisation or individual that contacts Emtech Recruitment Ltd. or is contacted by Emtech Recruitment Ltd. in relation to the provision of recruitment or hiring services.
Personal Data: any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. These different pieces of information can be collected together such as name, location, online presence and can be attributed to an individual’s identity.
Data Controller: the person or group of people that determine how data is used or processed. For the purposes of EU General Data Protection Regulations, Emtech Recruitment Ltd. is the controller of data.
Special Categories of Personal Data: any sensitive Personal Data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a person’s sexual orientation.
3. How does Emtech Recruitment Ltd. source candidate data?
Candidate’s Personal Data can be accessed by Emtech Recruitment Ltd. in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Electronically submitted/ uploaded through the Emtech Recruitment Ltd. website.
- Electronically submitted/ uploaded via an online recruitment site/ job board/ CV database.
- Electronically submitted by email directly to one of the email aliases.
- Submitted by post to Emtech Recruitment Ltd.
- Electronic communication via LinkedIn InMail/ LinkedIn messaging/ Facebook message or any other social media messaging.
4. What Personal Data does Emtech Recruitment Ltd. collect?
Emtech Recruitment Ltd. only collects data to aid in the successful administration of recruitment and hiring services that they carry out.
Emtech Recruitment Ltd. collect the following data relating to the candidate which pertains as Personal Data; name, address, qualifications/education, employment history, contact details, links to social media accounts i.e. LinkedIn/ Twitter and any assessments relating to the candidate.
Emtech Recruitment Ltd. may also hold records of information provided by either candidate or client during the recruitment or hiring process. This information is necessary to carry out the successful hiring of the candidate and may be considered to be the following: cover letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume, agency interview/ call notes, client interview feedback, results of psychometric testing, references and other information required to verify information received during the recruitment and hiring process.
Emtech Recruitment Ltd. requests that the candidates only submit information relevant to the recruitment and hiring process. Special Categories of Personal Data are not necessary for the services provided by Emtech Recruitment Ltd. and will not be used.
5. Why does Emtech Recruitment Ltd. collect Personal Data?
The information Emtech Recruitment Ltd. collects and stores is solely used for the purposes of helping the candidate obtain employment and is treated with strict confidentiality in accordance with GDPR legislation. Candidate information will only be disclosed to potential employers with direct consent from the candidate. Emtech Recruitment Ltd. understands that no data transferred over the internet can be 100% secure from being intercepted from unknown third parties. Emtech Recruitment Ltd. do not hold any responsibility for data that is intercepted unlawfully. The Personal Data the candidate provides may be used in the following ways:
- Consider the candidate for a job opportunity.
- Inform the candidate of new employment opportunities.
- Respond to candidate requests.
- Set up interviews with potential employees.
6. How does Emtech Recruitment Ltd. store Personal Data?
To store Personal Data and to administer its recruitment processes, Emtech Recruitment Ltd. uses a third-party software application which is GDPR compliant. Candidate’s CV/ resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile and interview/ call notes, are stored in a cloud-based hosting centre in the UK that ensures the safety and confidentiality of such data.
Emtech Recruitment Ltd. processes any Personal Data received in strict compliance with the data protection law and such information is only accessible to a restricted number of individuals who have a clear and justified need to know such information. Any misuse of information by any staff member is taken seriously and can lead to the termination of an employee’s contract.
7. How long does Emtech Recruitment Ltd. retain this data?
Emtech Recruitment Ltd. will retain Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring services provided to the candidate. Where a candidate has given specific consent for their Personal Data to be used Emtech Recruitment Ltd. will hold such data for up to five years from the date in which consent was given. Emtech Recruitment Ltd. believes this time is justified to allow for adequate management of any current and future recruitment endeavors that may be undertaken by the candidate. Emtech Recruitment Ltd. believes that within this timeframe a candidate is likely to pursue a new career opportunity or career change and need to use the services provided by Emtech Recruitment Ltd. Each candidate has the right to withdraw their consent at any time and request that their Personal Data be removed from Emtech Recruitment Ltd. databases as per GDPR legislation.
8. Additional candidate consent
References, when sought, will be to verify and validate information received during the recruitment and selection process. References will not be sought in relation to any candidate without permission.
9. Candidate Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), candidates have a number of rights with respect their Personal Data.
- Right of access – the candidate has the right to request a copy of the information that Emtech Recruitment Ltd. hold in accordance with Section 86 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right of rectification – the candidate has the right to correct data that Emtech Recruitment Ltd. hold that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, the candidate can ask for the data Emtech Recruitment Ltd. hold, to be erased from records, in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018 Right of portability – subject to certain restrictions, the candidate has the right to have the data Emtech Recruitment Ltd. hold transferred to another organisation where it is held in electronic form. This right of data portability applies to: (i) personal data that is processed automatically (i.e. without any human intervention); (ii) personal data provided by the candidate and (iii) personal data that is processed, based on candidate consent or in order to fulfil a contract.
- Right to object – the candidate has the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
For more information on candidate rights within the Republic of Ireland please visit the office of the Data Protection Commissioner: https://www.dataprotection.ie/
The Emtech Recruitment Ltd. websites and mobile applications may use technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a hard disk by a server. Cookies allow websites and mobile applications to respond to the individual availing of the service. The website or mobile application can tailor its operations to the user’s needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about the user’s preferences.
The user can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but the user can modify their browser setting to decline cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored if preferred. Please refer to Internet browser’s instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions and to specify cookie preferences. However, if a user chooses to decline cookies, they may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the website.
Some cookies are essential to the operation of the Emtech Recruitment Ltd. website. These cookies remember preferences, they indicate what part of the site has been visited and measure the effectiveness of postings. These cookies save preferences meaning the user does not have to re-customize the website preferences with each returned visit. If the user chooses to disable these cookies, they will not be able to access all the content available on the website.
11. Amendments to this Notice