Automation Manager required by growing IoT multinational in Galway to lead a team of Advanced Automation engineers and execute the corporate global automation strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, System Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Master’s Degree and/or people leadership experience is preferred.
- Willing to be mobile and travel domestically and globally up to 30%. During the deployment phase of the technology, travel to plants globally, as required to ensure smooth deployment and transition of the technology
- Minimum 8 years experience in Manufacturing Engineering and 5 years in factory automation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in one or more fields of automation including material handling, tracking, and movement (vision guided vehicles, autonomous mobile robots, RFIDs), controls engineering (high and low voltage control, PLC/HMI hardware and software, production monitoring and control, electrical CAD), robotics and collaborative robotics, automation safety and safety standards, machine vision, industrial networks and cybersecurity, software programming, data architecture, analytics, and visualization, and manufacturing operation management (MOM).
- Extensive knowledge of automation applications with successful development and deployment experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Digital connectivity / IoT and sensor technology.
- Ensure effective and efficient completion of projects by planning and implementing courses of action with other functions and key stakeholders.
- Possess knowledge of manufacturing applications such as Brazing, Welding, Material Handling and Inventory Management, Augmented Assembly, Sheet Metal Fabrication, Powder Coat Painting processes, etc.
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor, develop and motivate teams toward identified goals.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates cross functional communication and collaboration.
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanour that reassures others, acts with humility & respect for others and advocates for the organization.
- Motivates individuals to achieve stretch goals, tackle challenging issues, take ownership and realize their true potential by acting as a coach that leads by example and ensures employees are given opportunities to succeed.
- Seeks opportunities and engages with others to gain understanding and insights through the pursuit of information, experiences, dialogue, and feedback.
- Improve current factory automation processes and identify, develop, and deploy future processes utilizing industry leading, cutting-edge technology necessary to meet company and customer expectations.
- Collaborate with other technology centres, mainly in the US and India.
- Manage total life cycle of the technology: scan and screen, proof of concept and technology validation, develop and deploy scalable system solutions, and collaborate with industry-leading partners and universities.
- Drive global standards from ISA-95 architecture, from level 1 to level 3.
- Evaluate the current process, equipment and skills and implement higher level of standardization to improve safety, quality, and productivity.
- Execute tactical experiments to validate technology and solutions before deploying on the factory floor, from scanning of technologies to deployment.
- Increase capability, competency, and capacity in automation across all Strategic Business Units globally.
- Communicate and collaborate to achieve goals and increase cultural maturity
- Integrate closely with product design team to enhance design for manufacturability and design for automation
- Communicate effectively with teams and within management structure to facilitate workflow and resolve project barriers and issues.