Biochemistry Lab Analyst is required to work within a cross functional engineering team for market leading medical devices multinational in North Dublin. You will be working on the development of next generation IVD Immunoassay and Clinical Chemistry instruments.
You will be supporting and troubleshooting issues that impact assays at the instrument level. It will involve managing chemical handling processes, test processes, carrying out investigations, providing technical support to field service and documenting findings in a highly regulated environment.
The right candidate will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary Engineering group working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Biochemistry/Engineering/Chemistry/Life Sciences).
- 4+ years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting utilising Immunoassay and/or Clinical Chemistry techniques.
- Clinical laboratory experience; preferably working with mid-to-high volume Immunoassay and Clinical Chemistry IVD instruments.
- Experience partaking in assay related investigations and writing detailed reports/SOPs in a clear and precise manner.
- Ability to comprehensively present findings and updates to the wider engineering team and key stakeholders.
- Experience dealing with complaints/non-conformances within a highly regulated environment.
- A problem solver that finds robust solutions using a structured approach.
- Good knowledge of laboratory best practices and processes (e.g., chemical handling).
- Experience/Knowledge in basic statistics, process control, and KPI’s.
- Good computer skills with experience using Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and statistical applications (Minitab, JMP etc.).
- An excellent team player who is comfortable working in a team environment that involves a lot of cross-functional interaction.
- High paced individual who is eager and passionate in developing and delivering solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility.
- Someone who shows drive and initiative and has a patient focused mindset.
- Someone who has the user’s best interest in mind and focuses on improving processes.
- Utilises their knowledge and skill set to get the job done with pace.