Brazing Automation Engineer required to provide engineering support for equipment and manufacturing processes by market-leading IoT multinational in Galway.
The Brazing Automation Engineer will be responsible for developing, designing, and providing engineering support for equipment and manufacturing processes; ensuring the production of a high-quality product in a timely, cost-effective manner; assisting and advising on the solutions for manufacturing problems as they may occur. In addition, the Brazing Automation Engineer will be responsible for supporting automation projects throughout the manufacturing process.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Controls, Automation, Electrical, Electronic / similar.
- Over 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Brazing or welding qualification.
- Proven understanding of brazing or welding robots and machines.
- Understanding and experience working with refrigeration systems.
- The ability to use a variety of mechanical and hand tools.
- The ability to inspect work to verify that all guidelines have been met and detect and solve problems.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and guidelines.
- Experience with industrial robots an advantage.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
- Lead and standardize brazing processes and systems across the corporation as part of a Global team.
- Installing and placing new or upgraded brazing equipment and associated devices into operation.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration components, including compressors, condensers, evaporators, heat exchangers, pumps, valves and other components to ensure that these systems operate properly.
- Provide technical direction in the installation of new equipment and processes.
- Ensure compliance with and maintenance of SOP’s and technical documentation.
- Serve as a liaison between manufacturing and automation engineering and all relevant stakeholders.
- Focus on cost-savings ideas and projects through efficient engineering practices.
- Train operations employees as necessary on the use and maintenance of new equipment and processes.
- Collaborate with other SMEs to assist in the de-bugging of new equipment and troubleshoot problems with existing equipment.
- Interact with team members to optimize processes and improve workstation design.
- Monitor daily quality and productivity results, and react to problems as they occur.
- Participate in design reviews; lead problem-solving teams to address manufacturing problems.
Applicants must be available to work on-site.