C++ Developer with strong C & C++ coding skills required for permanent role with global software provider based in Offaly. Working in a C/C++, Embedded environment, you will work on the maintenance of existing software packages and implementation of new modules in C++.
- Degree in software or embedded systems would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of C/C++languages a must.
- Ability to work with multiple diagnostic tools (debuggers, oscilloscopes, multi-meter).
- Familiarity with MISRA coding guidelines.
- Ability to understand/interpret circuit board schematics.
- Experienced with either Visual Studio or Keil environments.
- Some exposure to Python would also be advantageous.
- Familiarity with cross-platform development and different OS’s
- Familiarity with serial protocols such as: CAN bus, RS232, RS485, SPI, IC2 is an advantage.
- Familiarity with firmware development for 8 to 32-bit microcontrollers would be an added benefit.
- Knowledge of QtDirect reports and OpenCV framework would be an added benefit.
- Ability to work with graphics packages (Illustrator, Inkscape, Corel Draw).
- Successful candidate is expected to be capable of working effectively to be able to deliver projects on agreed deadlines.
- A certain level of flexibility will be expected from the successful candidate in case project delivery or special circumstances would require it.
- Good communication skills, both, verbal and written are essential.
- Good logical thinker, passionate about the job, open communicator with good personal organization skills and architectural mindset.
- Willingness to learn new things and continuously self-improve.
- Implement/maintain software packages written in C++ language in a maintainable form.
- Contribute to ongoing growth and implementation of a proprietary protocol.
- Document software modules and release them according to internal processes.
- Strong architectural thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Contribute in the code-review process of the colleagues.
- Interface with hardware design and post-release software support training for support staff.
- Ability to prototype proof-of-concept software modules.