Database Developer is required to join highly innovative Engineering team with market-leading in medical devices multinational in North Dublin.
The successful candidate will have proven background in dealing with extremely large datasets, designing suitable database architectures to support AI and Machine Learning endeavors to solve real problems. You will be a key member of a new team in the domain of AI & ML, responsible for harvesting data from diagnostic analysers within the field, manipulating this data and forming suitable data structures to facilitate AI / ML objectives.
The role will involve a wide range of data driven projects that make real-time intelligent decisions to support next generation medical diagnostic analysers which cover immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic).
- 5+ years’ experience in a Software Engineering – Database applications.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining large database systems and management tools (SQL, Oracle etc.)
- Experience with a core software engineering language. e.g., Python, C, C#, C++
- Efficient scripting and writing queries to extract data from field instruments and populate database structures.
- Supports database performance by monitoring, evaluating, and resolving processing and programming problems.
- Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures and implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured approach.
- Computer hardware and operating system knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of software and databases to support the extraction and manipulation of large datasets for use by the wider Engineering team.
- Proven experience in the design and development of databases, queries, and scripting to support the ultimate implementation of high-quality on-time solutions.
- High paced individual who can work in a cross functional high performing engineering team.
- Eager and passionate to understand both business and user needs.
- Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries to deliver the desired outcome.
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering solutions at pace.
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal skills are required.