Electrical Design Engineer required for the design and development of Electrical Solutions by IoT multinational in Galway.
- Design and development of Electrical / Electronic solutions for the client’s products, delivering solutions that meet all project scope requirements, including Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Service (DFS).
- Create detailed documentation of Electrical / Electronic components, including detailed specification drawings and Application Specification Documents.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineers on process and equipment development, integrating new components, tooling, fixtures.
- Co-ordination of any required regulatory testing of Electrical / Electronic solutions at external agencies, including HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test), EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) testing, as required per regulatory standards.
- Knowledge and ability to work within New Product Development (NPD) Process, with clear understanding of documented prerequisites and Milestone deliverables.
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers.
- Development, implementation and coordination of component / module / system validation plans in R&D test facilities in conjunction with the Test and Reliability teams, using systematic methodology, such as DFMEA and DVP&R.
- Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Degree in an Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronics Engineering discipline.
- Prior experience of component qualification programs and new product development in an automotive/ machinery environment is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to manage critical product cost and new product development projects with team members and partners spread across global locations.
- Competencies in some of the following would also be a distinct advantage: Electro-Mechanical design, FMEA, 6 Sigma, CAD.
- Capable of developing and executing test plans, interpreting test data, and developing and driving relevant corrective measures where necessary.
- Prior experience in automotive wire harness 3D Modelling and 2D drawing development a distinct advantage.
- Background in design and manufacturing in the industrial, or automotive industry desired.
- Hybrid electric vehicle motor experience helpful.