Innovative Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer required for permanent role by consumer electronics start-up.
- Apply a human-centred design approach to translate consumer insights into meaningful product solutions that will delight consumers both on an emotional and functional level
- Sketch concepts for conceptual brainstorming as well as for presentation
- Bring products from concept to production
- Create visual and functional prototypes for research and internal review
- Challenge assumptions and think innovatively to solve complex problems creatively
- Communicate design intent to manufacturers by creating Technical ID Specifications detailing fit, finishes, colour, graphics, etc.
- Maintain quality assurance standards for design and colour integrity throughout the product lifecycle
- Have knowledge of current trends, materials and innovations within the design and small appliances
- Explore new market opportunities and portfolio propositions
- Collaborate with Senior Management and Product Marketing to innovate, design and implement simple and elegant design solutions
- B.Eng. in a technical discipline such as Industrial Design, Mechanical engineering design, Product design, Electromechanical engineering, Materials engineering
- 5-8+ years of experience working as a designer in small appliances, consumer electronics, medical devices, etc.
- Knowledge of full User Experience (from out-of-box experience to embedded UI controls)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- 2D skills via sketching, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Proficiency with CAD – Rhino or SolidWorks required
- A holistic approach to Product Design that expands beyond the product features to include the experiential attributes that engage all human senses
- A Design Thinking mind-set and passion to design products that capture the minds and hearts of consumers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
- Strong detail orientation with proven ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- Strong analytical ability with experience of complex technical trouble shooting and proven strength in suggesting creative solutions and innovative ideas
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance
- A strong, original portfolio of creative work that clearly demonstrates a product development process as well as a clear sketching technique- suitable for executive presentation
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering and part design
- Ability to deliver clear CAD to Engineering and Manufacturing
- Availability to travel is essential
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence