Electronic Design Engineer required to lead in design and development of innovative technologies for multinational client in County Cork.
Our client offers a collaborative working culture where you will expand your knowledge and will be an essential contributor to products excellence and company’s growth.
- Degree (Level 8) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering,
- Passionate about circuit design, especially high-speed applications, filters, sensors and power supply for battery powered devices.
- Experienced in schematic design and EMC conformance PCB design and design tools, eg. Altium, Eagle, etc.
- Knowledge about batteries, especially primary cells for long lifetime devices.
- Basic knowledge in quality management and documents, eg. FMEA.
- Experience in PCB soldering of small components, eg. 0402, QFN package.
- Willingness to travel to support testing at customer location.
- µC programming skills are a bonus
- Support System Engineer to create System Requirements.
- Support the creation of Hardware Requirement Specification based on the System Requirements.
- Design and simulate electrical circuits based on the Hardware Requirements.
- Select, design and simulate antennas for radio modules.
- Design block diagram, schematic and PCB based on the System and circuit design.
- Collaborate with the Mechanical Team to fit the PCB and the enclosure.
- Collaborate with the Production Team to create production relevant documents, like DFMEA, Gerber files and BOM.
- Coordinate the production of sample PCBs with local suppliers.
- Support the creation Hardware Test Specification based on the Hardware Requirements.
- Conduct hands-on test preparation, execution, evaluation, as well as write complete test procedures & reports.
- Conduct pre-tests for certification.
- Conduct passive and active measurements of antennas.
- Communicate with component suppliers for optimal design and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate new components and technologies.
- Prepare hardware for internal testing and customer samples.
Please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com