Electronic Technician required to join the Electrical Engineering team, providing support and input in prototyping and development of Electrical & Electronic Solutions for our client’s products.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Electrical Engineering team (reporting to the Lead Electrical Engineer), providing support and input in prototyping and development of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, and have responsibility for the testing of Electrical Design Concepts and Controls Solutions for our client’s products, at both System level and Component level.
The successful candidate will work as part of an electrical engineering team to deliver defined project goals in a timely manner.
- Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent qualification, in an Electrical / Electronic / Electro-Mechanical / Electromagnetics Engineering discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic and wiring diagrams to build prototype assemblies required.
- Experience in test and debug of embedded microprocessor control systems an advantage.
- Experience in installation, debug, commission and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) is a distinct advantage. Knowledge of ladder diagram concepts beneficial.
- Experience and knowledge of Electro-Mechanical components: Induction Motor and Permanent Magnet Generator technology, transducers, valves, sensors.
- Background in the aerospace, industrial, or automotive industry desired. – Hybrid electric vehicle experience helpful.
- Knowledge and experience in Power Electronics devices, such as Solid State Switches, Insulated Gate Bi-Polar Transistors (IGBT),Silicon Carbide (SiC) semiconductor switches, is an advantage.
- Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Execute and complete tests detailed by Electrical Design Engineers to the required standard including Test Setup, and instrumentation of unit(s) for test in a safe manner.
- Collect test data, prepare reports on outcomes.
- Perform debug on Electrical Systems, and on Individual Electrical components.
- Diagnose Electrical issues to root cause and develop validate solutions.
- Employ Innovation and Initiative to build prototype Electrical and Electronic solutions based on concepts from Design Engineers.
- Employ computer applications to program test routines, sequences and algorithms and control individual Electrical Components.
- Co-ordination of any required regulatory testing of Electrical / Electronic solutions at external agencies, including HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test), EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) testing, as required per regulatory standards.
- Participate and contribute to DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis), DVP&R (Design Verification Plan & Report) Activities.