Embedded Developer required by innovative medtech company in Dublin for the design of cutting-edge medical devices.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will play an instrumental role in the design of ‘disruptive’ medical devices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience with C or C++ language coding with embedded systems.
- Competent with software life cycle models and development planning.
- Good understanding of real time operating systems and multi-threaded environments.
- Good understanding of low level drivers and electrical interfaces including I2C and SPI
- Experience with IEC 62304 would be an advantage.
- Working or interfacing with FPGAs would be a plus.
- Experience working with ARM processors would be a plus.
- Experience with Xilinx (AMD) VITIS or Vivado would be an advantage
- Familiar with Eclipse IDE environments would be an advantage.
- Creative, have initiative, a hands-on approach and ability to multitask.
- Excellent analytical abilities coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving mindset
- Ability to establish, build and maintain positive working relationships in a collaborative manner.
- Develop code that conforms with the regulatory requirements of MDR and FDA.
- Collaborate with R&D HW team to ensure code compatibility that meets design outputs.
- Coding in C language.
- Propose SW architectural coding solutions to design inputs.
- Support the execution of initiatives and projects involving SW development to enhance quality performance within the business.
- Prepare and implement software validation and verification strategies.
- Support the management review process and oversee change control activities for the code base.
- Work with code repositories such as GiT to ensure effective version control.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering to keep SW objectives aligned with quality objectives.
- Liaise with Quality Engineering for change control, risk management, eQMS updates and design history file.
- Work with Real time operating systems and multi-threaded systems.
- Prepare functional and unit tests.
- Linting code for quality purposes.
- Implement industry best practice coding standards.
Our client offers an exciting working environment with the latest healthcare technologies, becoming part of a dynamic, multi-national team of highly skilled individuals, flexible working environment and an ergonomic workplace in an attractive office.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org