Embedded Firmware Engineer required for the development and implementation of software for IOT devices for multinational client in County Cork.
The successful professional will be responsible for the development and implementation of software for professional industrial battery powered IoT asset tracking and condition monitoring devices, with responsibility to plan, improve and manage software applications from bottom up HW drivers to application-specific middleware and communication stacks.
- 4+ years’ experience of professional Software development.
- Level 8 Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Experienced in Embedded System Design, implementation, integration, review, and testing.
- Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications.
- Hands-on experience with hardware board bring up and low-level driver development.
- Passion for bare-metal Embedded coding, consumer devices and IoT technology.
- Extensive knowledge of ARM Cortex-M0+ microcontroller and higher including its (ultra) low power operation modes, especially STM32 series microcontrollers.
- Experience in developing firmware for peripheral I2C/SPI, UART etc.
- Experience in Embedded C.
- Experience in debugging firmware using JTAG/SWD Debuggers.
- Utilize electrical test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Digital Meters, and power supplies.
- Working knowledge and good understanding of Git (GitLab)
- Experience working with Agile/scrum.
- Experience in using tools such as Jira.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org