Embedded Software Developer required by innovative MedTech company in Dublin for the design of cutting-edge medical devices.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will play an instrumental role in the design of ‘disruptive’ medical devices that will improve patient care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline.
- At least 3+ years’ experience working with Embedded Software Development
- Experience with Embedded C programming
- Good understanding of real time operating systems (RTOS) – ideally FreeRTOS
- Good understanding of low level drivers and electrical interfaces including I2C and SPI
- Experience writing unit tests
- Competent with software life cycle models and development planning
- Experience with IEC 62304
- Working or interfacing with FPGAs
- Experience working with ARM processor
- Experience with Xilinx (AMD) VITIS or Vivado
- Familiar with Eclipse IDE
- Experience with multi-threaded environments
- Develop code that conforms with the regulatory requirements of MDR and FDA
- Collaborate with R&D HW team to ensure code compatibility that meets design outputs
- Coding in C language
- Propose SW architectural coding solutions to design inputs
- Support the execution of initiatives and projects involving SW development to enhance quality performance within the business
- Prepare and implement software validation and verification strategies
- Support the management review process and oversee change control activities for the code base
- Work with code repositories such as GiT to ensure effective version control
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering to keep SW objectives aligned with quality objectives
- Liaise with Quality Engineering for change control, risk management, eQMS updates and design history file
- Work with Real time operating systems and multi-threaded systems
- Prepare functional and unit tests
- Linting code for quality purposes
- Implement industry best practice coding standards
Our client offers an exciting working environment with the latest healthcare technologies, becoming part of a dynamic, multi-national team of highly skilled individuals, flexible working environment and an ergonomic workplace in an attractive office.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org