Embedded Software Engineer with at least 3 years experience in Embedded C programming required for permanent role with high-growth technology company in the midlands
- Work as part of the embedded software team, developing high quality, robust and efficient code which meets the required specification
- Work on all aspects of the Software Development Cycle, from requirements and functional specifications, through design documentation and implementation, to test plans and testing/commissioning activities
- Be able to read and understand device documentation and protocol specifications in order to be able to program, configure and interface with third party devices
- Follow work instructions to implement the planned solution whilst keeping an open mind to alternative solutions
- Comply with all company software quality processes.
- Participate in and contribute to routine software design reviews, peer code reviews and software acceptance test activities as and when required in order to produce quality.
- Review and agree project timescales with the Embedded Systems Software Manager.
- Work diligently and professionally to deliver the agreed work products to specification on time
- Review and respond in a timely manner to issues raised by customers and staff.
- Work with members of the software management team to improve and promote the software development processes
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of current and future technologies relevant to the company’s products and markets – from overall architecture to low-level technical details.
- Degree qualified
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as an Embedded C software engineer
- Experience with device driver development, “bare metal” coding approach
- Knowledge of programming and debugging on 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers
- Exposure to some of the following would be an advantage: working with mobile 2G/3G/4G/LTE communication systems, TCP/IP, GPS, RFID, CAN, RS232, SPI, I2C, programming in C++ or C#, developing for Windows Desktop, embedded PCs, Windows Embedded/Compact, embedded Linux, real time operating systems, CCTV camera systems, systems integration
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence