Embedded Software Engineer with experience experience designing stand-alone instruments required by medical devices company in Co. Clare. The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team and be eager to learn new technologies.
- An honours degree in an engineering discipline (preferably electronics) or related field is essential
- Ideally a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in embedded software/firmware
- Experience of developing software for stand-alone instruments is essential
- Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming languages
- Strong knowledge of microprocessor based architecture with the ability to interpret circuit diagrams
- Experience in code-debugging, performance profiling and optimization, using In-Circuit Emulators
- Experience with both 8 Bit (Atmel, MSP) 16bit or 32bit microprocessors, ARM or equivalent
- Good knowledge of the software development life-cycle
- Knowledge of USB, CompactFlash/SD and Bluetooth specifications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols
- Experience in mobile communications and BT development
- Experience in Medical Device Industry or GMP/GAMP regulations
- Experience in Linux and developing for Linux (Pthreads, shell programming)
- Masters being preferred.
- Experience in the medical device area is desirable.
Please take a look at our website for other Embedded Design roles nationwide
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence