Embedded Software Manager with expertise managing globally dispersed teams required for key role with growing multinational based in Limerick.
- Honours Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electronic Engineering
- 10+ years of professional Software development
- Good people management skills – Supervisory Responsibility: Team of 10+ Engineers
- 5-10 years for leading and managing projects.
- Good knowledge of C/C++ programming with good embedded debugging skills
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to cope with ambiguity and change
- Experience in the full software development cycle within a project based environment
- Self-starter with excellent communication and documentation skills and with the ability to work unaided
- Linux/UNIX development skills (ideally in an embedded environment) including networking, scripting and socket programming
- Some development experience with Embedded Linux Kernel and Device Drivers
- Familiar with video and audio codecs such as MPEG4 and JPEG
- Familiar with USB protocols
- Possess a thorough understanding of protocol stack concepts and architecture
- Participate in feature requirements definition with the Product Marketing team
- Manage and prioritize embedded software resource allocation to international projects
- Lead and manage best practice project and process development within the embedded software team and ensure that processes are followed
- Manage project budgets
- Participate in software architecture development within the team and with the other teams
- Lead people and skills development for the embedded software team
- Work with technical support to resolve customer issues.
- Manage specification, planning and tracking of work to contract companies
- Co-ordination of work with other teams both on-site and off-site.
Please contact Emer Smith to discuss in confidence