Embedded Software Test Engineer required for permanent role with Dublin-based Automotive multinational – REMOTE
Reporting to the Technical Program Manager, you will lead embedded software testing for the site and collaborate with European test teams in the design & delivery of Test plans
- Degree in a computer science, electronic engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in embedded software testing
- Experience in software test rig and/or HIL rig development
- Experience of software unit and integration testing and related tools (e.g. VectorCAST, Cantata, LDRA or similar).
- Competent in document writing is required, i.e. procedures, specifications, reports, etc.
Advantageous to have experience with:
- Debugging hardware
- C and/or Python Development
- ASPICE and ISO26262 frameworks
- Developing and automating tests for software validation
- Vector tools (e.g. vTestStudio, CANoe etc.)
- V-model development and RM packages (Polarion, Doors etc.)
- Review software requirements and develop suitable test cases
- Implement test cases and validate software function, raise issue reports on failures – with a focus on automated testing
- Define, develop, commission and maintain software test rigs (especially Hardware-in-the-Loop)
- Drive software test best practice and mind-set of continuous improvement
Leverage world class R&D teams in Ireland and Germany to quickly understand project requirements, risks, milestones, and develop test strategy and test rigs
- Project manage internal/external development of test rigs
- Report out to team on test status
- Document and share lessons learned at end of each project