Embedded Systems Research Scientist with a relevant Master’s or Phd & prior exposure to the development of video analytics algorithms or data analytics frameworks for real time applications required for permanent role in Cork city.
In this role you will contribute to an established research agenda; coordinate and execute R&D activities within international Embedded Systems research projects; provide competitive advantage for business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts and contribute towards technical strategy and business development.
A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience, or a Master’s degree with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience in several of the following areas:
- Architecture evaluation and system design for mixed-criticality multicore and heterogeneous hardware platforms (CPU, FPGA, GPU)
- Scheduling and design analysis for task-level isolation, timing isolation, and hardware virtualization using both RTOS and hypervisor-based approaches
- Performance modelling of real-time deterministic networks and interconnects
- Knowledge of approaches for validation & certification of safety-critical systems, particularly in the domain of commercial aerospace.
- Technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences, and successful proposals for external funding/contracts/grants.
- Innovative strategic and technical thinking applied to real-world problems.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence