Engineering Manager (Mechanical) required by market-leading multinational in County Kerry. This is a key role within the organisation.
As Engineering Manager you will manage 2 product groups, build the technical roadmap of a new product & manage New Product Development. You will manage an existing team & grow a new product team.
To be successful in this role you require excellent interpersonal skills as you will engage & influence internal & external stakeholders.
- Degree (Level 8) or higher in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, etc.)
- At least of 5 years of previous experience in a leadership role in mechanical design
- Strong Mechanical design experience ideally with heavy industrial machinery manufacturing
- Strong leadership skill required to challenge the status quo and adapt new technologies and techniques
- Strong Project management experience
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel internationally as required
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE:
- Build technical roadmap for a new product
- Lead & manage New Product Development for this group
- Build a team of design engineers for the new product
- Coordinate the development and improvement of component design with respect to appearance, cost, reliability, functionality and durability
- Manage an existing product including an existing team
- Visit client sites occasionally
Please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com