Engineering Manager is required to manage all engineering activities for market-leading manufacturer or cutting-edge devices in Galway.
The successful professional will be responsible for the implementation and maintainance of overall engineering objectives and initiatives. You will confront and solve performance/operational issues to improve efficiency as well as act as a leader and mentor/guide members of the engineering team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or similar discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role with deep knowledge of Engineering.
- Team management experience.
- Experience with global manufacturing companies preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English.
- A natural lader with excellent problem solving skills.
- Lead and manage team of design engineers and technicians.
- Design, develop, modify, and evaluate options and make sound design recommendations for product development, enhancement, or production testing.
- Work collaboratively with peer engineering managers from different locations across the globe, leveraging experience and expertise to create innovative products.
- Ensure new product development programs stay on time and within budget.
- Provide assistance to Project Management to investigate and support customer requests and requirements.
- Work closely with individual Project Managers and Senior Design engineers to create specifications, design, evaluate, test, and document new products and/or production test equipment.
- Assist manufacturing operations and quality team to investigate customer complaints, product quality issues, or manufacturing issues as appropriate.
- Assist Product Management and Sales with new product definitions and introductions into the marketplace.
- Support compliance of laboratory, manufacturing, and production processes with internal and external safety, quality, and regulatory standards requirements.
Our client offers great work benefits such as work-life balance schemes, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time, Work From Home (WFH) options and more.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org