Global Commercial Development Associate Director required to accelerate market growth globally by growing Medical Device company in Galway.
The successful professional will be responsible for the commercial aspects of product development throughout the lifecycle from a business standpoint to cultivate, maintain and increase our client’s market share by satisfying consumer demand.
The role will expand their product portfolio with a 10-year product roadmap for new product development with R&D. This will be achieved with a close working relationship with R&D alongside an outside-in customer research to form high-quality user need led Target Product Profiles to underpin innovative ideas and practical, achievable solutions for new products, as well as extend our client’s capabilities into adjacent specialist inhaled segments, to give sales teams the opportunity for continued sustainable growth. The role will ensure prioritization and management of existing product demand requiring Regulatory, R&D and Supply Chain support.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Science, Engineering, Business, or Marketing is preferred
- At least 4+ years of sales and marketing Medical Device experience, with new product planning and entry experience, would be highly preferred.
- Experience in Medical Devices with an understanding of the clinical and regulatory influences on the overall market.
- Effective internal stakeholder and cross functional influencing is a critical requirement for this role.
- Strong track record in understanding new product opportunities.
- Great understanding of stage gate and R&D interactions would be helpful as this drives a collaborative aligned relationship.
- High level of financial and analytical capability enabling rapid assimilation of key data to develop strong business cases including relative prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and develop necessary adjustments for new product plans based on different regional customer, regulatory and commercial requirements.
- Experience of a ‘needs first’ approach to get, keep and grow customers by observing processes to objectively identify problems to articulate needs that need to be served.
- Experience of systematic use of tools such as jobs to be done needs identification, stakeholder identification, customer journey mapping, pain point identification, stakeholder empathy mapping, validation of user needs and usability assessment.
- Proven ability to drive for business results whilst ensuring effective collaborative cross functional engagement and influencing including customers, commercial colleagues, R+D teams and senior management.
- Establish effective commercial evaluation and prioritization of all new product projects and follow through Stage Gate project execution for Medical Devices.
- Work with R&D, Project Management Office and including Product Development, Science, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Engineering and Manufacturing to develop clear scope through target product profiles for new product development projects including: Researching with an outside-in approach to seek out needs, opportunities, pain points and hidden motivators, to look over the horizon and connect the dots to expand the Medical Device industry.
- Applying quantitative and qualitative methods to develop and apply research from primary and secondary sources (in-person and managing the relationship with partner suppliers) of customer feedback, market insight and competitor analysis that minimize confirmation bias.
- Building the Target Product Profile; focused on why customers buy, as the foundation to turn these requirements into concepts, to design freeze and into sustained saleable solutions.
- Building a 10-year product roadmap and develop robust evidence-based Target Product Profiles to focus concept and design across build, partner, license and buy.
- Working with Global Marketing, commercial regional teams, and finance partners to develop the commercial business case. Working in synergy with Global Marketing roles to effectively complete a global strategic marketing plan that develops and iterates from Gate 1 to Gate 4, transitioning into Regional and Country downstream plans for the new product introduction phase and ongoing marketing.
- Collaborating and coordinating with Global Marketing and Regional Leads to build a confident, educated forecast with units, average sales price, revenue, GM% and net present value, for each product project to drive commercial confidence through stage gate to launch.
- Responsible for agreeing the market size and potential for a product, alongside leading an ever more accurate forecasting within stage gate 1 to 3, culminating in an agreed forecast with regional markets and the Chief Commercial Officer for Gate 3 Design Freeze that is consistent to Gate 4 and then entered at ≥ level into the annual 5-year Strategic Plan with a post first sale Gate 5 review.
- Providing commercial leadership for new product/project introduction including (with Product & Marketing Management for the new product introduction phase) confirmation of product value proposition and operational implementation working with Manufacturing Supply Chain, Regulatory and Commercial Marketing to deliver the new product / project to the point where it is ready and accessible to sell to the customer.
- Acting as the lead Commercial representative for New Product planning ensuring effective execution including attending: project management meeting, R&D weekly project meetings, R&D Monthly project prioritization meetings, R&D Regulatory prioritization review meetings.
- This role will also be the Global Marketing liaison for projects such as MDR.
The role is expected to travel extensively, >25% to 50% to employ the ‘needs first’ approach and generate business development insights & conclusions by routinely visiting current and potential customers.