Hardware Design Engineer with 3+ years experience required for permanent role with growing multinational in Limerick city
- Participate in high-speed hardware design and definition
- Develop hardware solutions (mainly PCB level but some FPGA)
- Signal Integrity analysis and design
- Power analysis and thermal design
- Schematic capture of design and prototype verification
- Regulatory certification such as EMC and Safety
- Problem isolation and fault finding
- Customer issue replication
- Creating and updating of hardware design documentation.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements.
- Work within Development to test product and isolate issues.
- Minimum 3 years of professional Hardware development experience
- Proven experience in hardware board design – design, schematic capture, prototype testing
- Experience with high-speed hardware design and definition
- Experience in signal integrity analysis – PCB simulation and prototype verification
- Understanding in logic design using Xilinx or Altera FPGAs
- Experience in Linux/UNIX development environment including scripting and configuration
- Understanding and an interest in networking concepts protocols, applications and interfaces
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to cope with ambiguity and change
- Proven experience in the full product development cycle within a project based environment
- Self-starter with excellent communication and documentation skills